but when i moved to nashville, i discovered a new airline, and literally, my flying-life was changed.
welcome to southwest airlines...welcome to the new way to fly. (it wasn't “ranked #1 friendliest airline” by time.com for nothin')
here are my top 5 reasons why i LUV southwest:
5. the flight attendants are funny! for example, i once heard: "your seat cushion may be used as a flotation device...or to hit your neighbor..." they just plain 'ol make flying f-u-n. (see video below)
4. no assigned seating. (and no 1st class) though the whole "checking-in-within-24-hours-of-your-flight" unique boarding process takes a little getting used to (yes, i was C40 on my first flight...) once you know how to work the system, it's like winning a game when you can get in boarding class A - and hence guarantee your window seat. (competitive person alert)
3. rapid rewards - easy to get, easy to cash in. more free flights = always a good thing.
2. DING fares! just set-up your city and once or twice a day you'll hear a little "DING!" on your computer alerting you of good deals. (this is how i flew to chicago for $35 one way and to seattle for $79 one way!)
1. bags fly FREE. yes, that's plural. up to two bags..FREE. can i get an "amen"?
oh - and did you make a mistake in your online booking and accidentally put june 28 instead of may 28? (i mean, i don't know who would do that...) don't worry about it - you can change it- no problem, no fees. and wait, the may flight is cheaper? alright - we'll credit your account the difference.
and don't even get me started on how much i LUV "the rapping flight attendant"....