also -- i told y'all about my I HEART TJ's cookbook -- i've been LOVING cooking from that thing. so fun!
ok, so i've got my next top 10 for ya (i can't believe it's been almost a year!) here we go...
10. salmon burgers // frozen pack of 4 -- you can bake 'em, grill 'em, or pan fry 'em. a super easy way to get in those omega-3's!
9. fresh hard-cooked peeled eggs // yup, just how it sounds. they take out all of the hard work of hard-boiled eggs for you -- already cooked, already peeled. just add salt & pepper and enjoy!
8. sugar grinder // it's sugar, chocolate, & coffee beans -- grind it over ice cream, berries, whatever you want! the perfect sweet topper.
7. greek yogurt // get the TJ's brand (i get the nonfat plain) -- comes in a big value tub, too! have you hopped on the greek train yet? yes, it's more tart, but just add a little agave or stevia and you are good to go. (i like mine with granola & berries, too!)
6. cocoa drizzle kettle corn // self-explanatory. i bought this around the holidays and it was heaven. sweet & salty just how i like it. warning: you'll want to eat the whole bag.
5. multigrain croissants // in the frozen section -- let the dough sit out while you pre-heat your oven & then they bake to fluffy flaky yumminess in 20 minutes. perfect compliment to a dinner party. (note: i used the toaster oven! and they will stick to your pan - definitely use a little oil!)
4. almond milk // we're trying to cut out excessive dairy where we can (don't worry - i'm not giving up my cheese just yet).. TJ's brand of almond milk comes in a big container & lasts longer than those other brands. (we like the vanilla unsweetened one) -- great for cereal and coffee!
3. mandarin orange chicken // people have been talking about this stuff for a long time, but i was afraid to try it because i knew i'd love it and it's not exactly the most healthy. true and true. but it sure is tasty with some brown rice & steamed broccoli. a special treat :)
2. pressed coconut oil // yay! one less grocery trip for me (i used to get this at whole foods) -- i use coconut oil to cook everything on the stove (meat, vegetables, eggs) -- it's the best cooking oil!! fyi: keep this one in the fridge once it's opened.
1. TJ's packaged pasta // find them refrigerated near the hummus and salsa -- our favorites are butternut squash stuffed triangle pasta & goat cheese/sundried tomato ravioli. just boil for 5ish minutes and then add your favorites (we like grilled chicken and steamed veggies). instant amazing meal.
oh man, now i'm hungry.
what am i missing? do you have any trader joe's favorites lately?